Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Silly Songs

 I have yet another group of songs. These are my special passion.  I love anything that makes me laugh and silly songs certainly do that. See how many you know.


Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah by Allan Sherman

The Ballad of Irving by Frank Gallop

I'm A Lonely Little Petunia by Arthur Godfrey

My Boomerang Won't Come Back by Charlie Drake

Dead Skunk by Loudon Wainwright III

Wasn't That a Party by the Irish Rovers

Lily The Pink by The Scaffold

My The Bird of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose by Little Jimmy Dickens

Mule Skinner Blues by The Fendermen

Mahna Mahna by The Muppets

Snoopy vs. The Red Baron by The Royal Guardsmen

Wild Thing by Sen. Everett McKinley

Oh Lord It's Hard To Be Humble by Mac Davis

Charlie Brown by The Coasters

The Little Nash Rambler by The Playmates

Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport by Rolf Harris

Disco Duck by Rick Dees

Mister Custer by Larry Verne

Daffy Duck's Rhapsody by Daffy Duck

It Came Out of The Sky by Creedence Clearwater Revival

Boa Constrictor by Johnny Cash (The whole album named Everybody Loves Nut is good for a chuckle)

The Doo Hickey Song by Ben Colder

Chug-A-Lug by Roger Miller

The Streak by Ray Stevens


I have hundreds of them. Like I said they are my favorite kind of music. All of these should by on YouTube if you want to hear them. If you know any silly songs I welcome them.

6 comments:

  1. Σε ευχαριστώ Emma για την επίσκεψη σου στο blog μου
    και για τα πολύ καλά σου λόγια
    Ένα υπέροχο απόγευμα με πολλές όμορφες στιγμές
    Μια Γλυκιά Καληνύχτα μέσα από την καρδιά μου,
    Πολλές ευχές για ένα όμορφο ξημέρωμα Σαββάτου
    με Υγεία Χαρά Αγάπη Θετικές Σκέψεις
    και αισιοδοξία πως η αυριανή μέρα θα είναι ξεχωριστή για σένα

    ReplyDelete
  2. You touch my heart deep with your love and passion for music dear Emma :)
    They all sound great .
    We too have silly songs in old black and white movies: )
    They are fun to listen
    Hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love all kinds of music. It must be wonderful to put feelings into melodies and lyrics.

      Delete
  3. One of my favorites is I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas. Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah as been a favorite since I was a kid and didn't really even understand it, hahaha. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gayla Peevy is a favorite of mine. She sang There's Something Stuck Up In The Chimney too.

      Delete