Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Repeat

I enjoy watching movies and television programs. I have favorites of course. 

I watch these to be entertained. I do not want to have to think or look for the hidden meanings. I want mindless enjoyment.

I drive my children crazy. I am like a little kid. I can watch the same thing over and over if I like it.

One of my favorite movies is Grease. Back in the days of VHS I bought it. Then I watched it over and over non-stop until my children threatened me with no more television privileges if I did not give them a break.

So now I try to watch my favorites in my room by myself. I can watch them as often as I wish.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. And I do. I fought for years against having a television in my room. Now I would not have to do without it.

      Delete
  2. Rather than watching a TV, I enjoy watching the films we have on DVD especially the classics and thankfully my husband enjoys them as well. We have been watching Cary Grant films and this weekend it will be Suspicion, a great Hitchcock suspense film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have most of those movies saved so we can watch them whenever we wish. There is a good collectiom and we add to it often.

      Delete
  3. thecontemplativecat here. My go-to movie was Fried Green tomatoes. My kids knew to give me space when I was watching it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fried Green Tomatoes is a great movie. There are a lot of great movies. I could become a potato just sitting watching movies.

      Delete
  4. My most watched drama was Fatima Gull a Turkish serial .my family would laugh when I would cry in scenes lol
    I finally got out of it.
    There were few urdue dramas I would have loved to repeat but then my mind split into learning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to learn too. But sometimes I just want some mindless entertainment.

      Delete