Friday, April 5, 2019

My Sister


It has been quite a while since I updated you about my sister. As you know she had a stroke several years ago and has been confined to bed ever since.

Her left side is paralyzed so she is limited as to things she can do.

I speak to her when she has access to her son's cell phone. And I have to take this time to say that she is fortunate because my nephew and my sister's husband each visit her every day. Few people in nursing homes have much company at all.

My son came to me the other evening with a suggestion. He asked if my sister could handle a tablet. That is a small computer slightly larger than a cell phone. I called my nephew to see what he thought. He said probably.

I ordered a tablet and lap board for her. My nephew can set it up for her.

If it works out for her she will have access to FaceBook. Most of our family and her friends are on FaceBook. She will be connected to all of them.

I am anxious to see how well it works.

10 comments:

  1. I bet your sister will figure out how to make it work! I've been a one armed typist several times in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was well-versed on the computer and phone before her stroke. I think she will do fine.

      Delete
  2. Hope it works it will be great for her. Have a good weekend, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son got me a tablet for Christmas last year and I love it. I bet your sister will like hers too. A great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea this is. I'm glad she has such a caring family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emma, like the others who commented previously, the tablet and lapboard were a great idea and sure your sister will get much enjoyment from them. You are a very loving sister that's evident.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my son's idea. I am not clever enough to think of things like that.

      Delete