Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Dish For My Rocks.


One of my blogger friends posted about her indoor rock garden recently. You can read about it by clicking on https://cuponthebus.blogspot.com/2019/03/my-rock-garden-and-other-good-news.html. Joanne writes about her interesting life.

Anyway I have been collecting rocks for a long time. They seem to call out for me to pick them up and take them home.

When I read Joanne's idea I wondered why I had not thought of it. Then I realized that I seldom come up with anything that clever.

So now I am watching for a dish that calls to me the same way my rocks do. I may even buy a fake plant to place in the middle or maybe a big candle. Real houseplants die for me and I do not want to be responsible for any more deaths.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like it will be a good idea. I hope you add a photo of it when you finally make it. Have a good day, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. That platter is an old Ironstone platter gifted to me. I think it used to hold Sunday chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will have to look through the dishes in the garage.

    I put small smooth rocks around my houseplants to prevent them from drying out. They look good, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our weather is acting up again so there will be no yard sales for a while. I will wait until the right dish calls to me.

      Delete
  4. Sounds lovely-- I remember a character in one of my favorite movies-- "with honors" carried around stones that had special meaning to his life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My father-in-law never understood collecting rocks. He was a farmer and rocks were his enemy.

      Delete
  5. indoor plants are not success here due to extreme heat may be but when i visit to my native land i envy women who have variety of indoor plants

    i think your idea is wonderful ,either i decorate my house with artificial plants and flowers
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother and both my sisters were good with plants. I have no idea why I have no luck.

      Delete