Friday, January 4, 2019

Vacation?


I took a few weeks off from writing. I felt burned out and unable to inspire myself.

It was relaxing to not have the deadlines I set for myself to make a post. I read all the posts I normally read. I commented on some of them, some I did not.

It was a nice respite for me.

I did have to wrap and mail Christmas gifts. It was done successfully and in plenty of time.

My son and I spent a nice quiet Christmas here at home. Our meal was simple. I made a ham, potatoes au gratin, and green beans. Pumpkin pies for dessert.

It was not the big fancy meal I made for Thanksgiving but it was good. And I have at least enough ham in the freezer for a couple more meals.

The New Year entered with me sound asleep. It is just not that big a deal to me anymore.

That is not to say that I do not have high hopes for this new year. Those I will keep to myself. 

I did find out that I am going to be a great-grandmother again. My granddaughter is having her third baby. I love it when babies are born into the family.

So now I am in the process of cleaning. After all why wait until spring? My pantry is cleaned and organized. So is the freezer in my refrigerator. I still have the refrigerator, cupboards, and the big freezer to go. One day at a time.

Now I am back to my blogging. I am still searching for inspiration. It will come.

16 comments:

  1. I don't function well in disorganized surroundings, so I keep the place pretty tidy. I think when I go open the shed come spring, it will tumble out on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to know where things are. This is a good way to make sure it is all clean.

      Delete
  2. I cleaned for Christmas; I cleaned for company. I am now in the middle of cleaning up after Christmas and company, and when done, I am going to take a break from all things that have to do with dust, dirt, and clutter. A vacation would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember your writing about Christmas cleaning. You desrve a break.

      Delete
  3. Great news a new baby in the family. Hab=ve a wonderful 2019. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that you said you were going to take a break from blogging and then I kept on seeing new posts and decided you must have changed your mind. Now you say you took a few weeks off from writing. So who was doing all the writing in your absence??

    I'm confused, but that is nothing new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote those in advance. I try to keep to my posting schedule.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the new great grand. Makes me happy just thinking about a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all need breaks to re-energize and get new inspiration. Nice to hear you had a good holiday and relaxing New Year and we also enjoy the ones soent quietly at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My little brain just needed a break. Now is the time to put it back together.

      Delete
  7. I've heard of people who post on schedule, but unless one is paid, I don't understand why. I wonder sometimes how long Google will keep sponsoring blogs without forcing us to advertise on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My blogging Schedule keeps my mind active. I do not get paid to get out of bed every morning but I still arise, get dressed, and go about my day.

      Delete
  8. i am glad you felt better during break
    we all need it once in a while dear Emma!

    we were in big city on new year night but my eldest son had dinner with his old office friends ,he joined us late night in Mall

    i am happy you had your son then and made nice simple meals too :)

    wishing you a very happy new year wit tons of inspirations and lots of energy to cleanup your stuff
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete