Friday, January 25, 2019

But I Am Better Now


In the last episode you read that I hurt my knee and could hardly walk. My poor son was so sick.

Well it got worse. I caught whatever it is that he has. It seems to be some sort of respiratory thing. It is not a cold because the noses weren't runnuing. 

So here we were both of us miserable and I could not walk. We mostly stayed in our rooms. I would get up long enough to grab a bottle of water and go back to my room. I think my son did the same.

Coughing was the major activity of the day. I slept for a while then watched TV until I went to sleep again. 

I was so tired of being in my room. I forced myself to get up and hobble to the living room just to get out of that room.

Neither of us was eating. Food sounded awful. I lost about 12 pounds. My son says he has lost close to twenty.

Now that I have whined and complained I can tell you that I feel much better. My knee is still sore but I can walk comfortably without the cane. My cough is almost gone. My appetite is improving.

My son is still sick but he has begun to eat. I think as he is able to eat more than a couple of bites of a tortilla he will feel immensely better.

By the weekend I should be completely well. Hopefully my son will be close behind.

I will try to write a happy post next time.

18 comments:

  1. I hope both of you get back to good health soon. It does take awhile to get your appetite back. As I have gotten older, my appetite is not that great. When I have a cold, I think I will never get it back. But I do. So will your son. Take care, Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments. I am feeling so much better. So is my son.

      Delete
  2. Not the ideal way to lose weight!!! Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Losing weight in that way usually means it returns immediately after the person gets well.

      Delete
  3. Glad you're feeling better. My neighbor is sick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless your hearts. Jilda had the crud but she’s better now too.
    Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jilda does have a rough road. I am glad she is feeling better. This is a bad time of year to keep your health.

      Delete
  5. I do hope you are both better now! What a time you have had, your son too.
    Listen, I would like to lose some weight but not like you did!
    I was sick for about the whole month of December, and then, I was ready for Christmas and it was all over! I coughed my HEAD off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you are better. It sounds a lot like our malady.

      Delete
  6. Good to hear you are coming around and getting better. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's awful when you feel so awful for so long as you and your son did, Emma, but glad to read you are both on the mend. Losing weight is good but not that way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Emma, I'm glad you are feeling better and hope you continue to get stronger and stronger! I check in on your blog now and then. I don't keep my blog anymore, but I appreciate all of the comments that you contributed along the way. Stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you dear Emma for sharing this happy news that you are feeling better and your son is also on the way to be healthy by the grace of God

    I am so happy for you my friend!

    Wishing you more health peace and joy ahead
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete