Monday, December 18, 2023

It Isn't Any Trouble

 I am going to give you something that costs me nothing. It will make you feel so good that you will want to give it back. Then you can give it to others. At the same time you will keep it.

You will have a wonderful feeling once I give it to you. You might develop a spring in your step. Maybe you will even do a little dance. Either way you will be just a little happier. 

Let me stress again that it costs me no money at all. Not even a penny. But it is one of my most treasured assets.

I am going to give you a nice friendly big smile. 

Give it to the next person you see. Then you will both feel better.

It isn't any trouble just to S-M-I-L-E
It isn't any trouble just to S-M-I-L-E
So smile when you're in trouble
It will vanish like a bubble
If you'll take the trouble just to S-M-I-L-E
                                                     Written by Charlie Chaplin with a large assist from 
                                                                                                      David Raksin                                                                                 

12 comments:

  1. A smile is such a simple thing and yet, so wonderful to see. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel better when I smile, even if I'm in a sad mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true. It brightens the mood of both parties.

      Delete
  3. Ετούτα τα Χριστούγεννα
    να’ ναι τα καλύτερά σου!
    Ευχές και δώρα να σε βρουν
    και αγάπη στην καρδία σου!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May you have a Merry and peaceful Christmas and happy healthy and prosperous new year.

      Delete
  4. thanks for sharing dear Emma
    i completely agree that with positive attitude everything is possible ,today science is saying same thing that religion has said long ago
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs to you. I am basically a happy person so I smile a lot. It is good for my health too.

      Delete