Monday, September 4, 2023

Songs For Children

 I love children's music. I have ever since I was a child. I have happy memories of my mother singing to me. My father would whistle and once in a while fancy that he sounded like Bing Crosby. Music was a staple in our house.

Here are some favorites. At least most of them can be found on YouTube.

Pineapple Princess by Annette Funicello

Daddy What If by Bobby Bare

I'll Stay In The House by Jimmy Boyd

Scarlet Ribbons by The Browns

Hula Hoop Song by Theresa Brewer

Cuban Pete Sally Sweet by Desi Arnaz and Lucille Ball (the video is fantastic_

Mr Sandman by The Chordettes

Que Sera Sera by Doris Day

I'm Gonna Knock on Your Door by Eddie Hodges

Happy Trails by Roy Rogers and Dale Evans

At The Codfish Ball by Shirley Temple and Buddy Ebson (really anything from Shirley Temple)

The Lion Sleeps Tonight by The Tokens

My Boy Lollipop by Millie Small

All of Schoolhouse Rock

Swingin' On A Star by Spooky and Sue

Bug That Tried To Crawl Around The World by Johnny Cash

Your Nose Is Gonna Grow by Johnny Crawford

Centerfield by John Fogerty

This Land Is Your Land by Woodie Guthrie

Little Bitty by Alan Jackson

Pretty Irish Girl by Sean Connery (from Darby O'Gill and the Little People)

Witch Doctor by David Seville

High Hopes by Frank Sinatra

Tippy Toeing by The Harden Trio

Iko Iko by The Dixie Cups

Bimbo by Jim Reeves

Minnie's Yoo Hoo by Carl Stallings

Ragtime Cowboy Joe by The Rank Rangers

The Marvelous Toy by The Chad Mitchell Trio

How Much Is That Doggie In The Window by Patti Page


Oh my goodness. Look how many there are already. I have so many more but I must stop. If you have a favorite I left off the list please let us know.



6 comments:

  1. Oh gee, Darby O'Gill and the Little People scared me so much when I was a kid and watched it. The banshee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to this as well dear Emma because my childhood was full of music because mom loved old folk songs on radio. My father too loved music and so did I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As William Congreve said, "Musick has Charms to sooth a savage Breast." It actually soothes a fussy baby, calms a person with nervous disorders, and eases an angry situation.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. How could I forget that? Good one. My sister reminded me that I needed I Know An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Fly.

      Delete