Have you ever known a person who is always in a negative mood? Maybe they are permanently angry. Maybe they are a constant victim. Maybe they are always depressed.
No matter the cause of their negativity they are so willing to share it. They can make everyone around them feel terrible. They feel no better but the people around them carry that exhausted feeling for a long time.
I am not talking about someone who just got bad news and has not had time to deal with it. And someone with a condition they cannot completely control such as clinical depression. At times like that most people are happy to help.
But there are those who are not happy until they have made everyone around them as miserable as they are. And even then they are not happy. So they move on to make someone else share their pain.
Now I am a disgustingly happy person. I have had a wonderful life. I am content.
I sincerely offer help or a shoulder to cry on if needed. I can afford to be helpful because I have such a good life.
My sister calls the doom and gloom people emotional vampires. I am terrified of vampires. I refuse to suffer for them.
Do you know any emotional vampires? How do you deal with them?
I don't consider Alice as a emotional vampire, so do the Hatter or the March Hare.
ReplyDeleteThey are actually happy people.
They are content.
Alice is often in circumstances beyond her control but she deals with them herself. Even Alice is content when she is not feeling confused.
Deletewhat a beautiful and blessed soul you are dear Emma !
ReplyDeleteyou are happy by nature and it shows how much God loves you and allows to feel happy from within :)
yes we all at some point of life encounter such miserable people who have endless loads of pain and keep try to spread it around them . it took a long part of life to understand that everything and everyone is forced to live under the strict laws of Nature Laws of attraction ,yes we spend most of the life without knowing that whatever we feel is actually harvest of what we sow whether happiness or misery .