Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Happy Songs

 Have you ever listened to a song that just made you feel good? I have a list of SOME of my favorites. I would love to see which songs I left off the list. All the songs on my list are available on YouTube if you want to smile.

Happy Go Lucky Me by Paul Evans

The Chicken Dance by Werner Thomas  ( I first heard it on Lawrence Welk)

Old Time Rock and Roll by Bob Seger (see if you can keep your body from moving)

Little Bitty by Alan Jackson

Singin' In the Bathtub by John Lithgow

Tippy Toeing by the Harden Trio

Bimbo by Jim Reeves

I Know An Old Lady  choose an artist

Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor by Lonnie Donegan (He sings several different versions)

Lah Di Dah by Billie and Lily

Lucky Ladybug by Billie and Lily

Rubber Ducky by The Muppets

Mahna Mahna by the Muppets

Mr Bassman by Johnny Cymbal

I've Got A Lovely Bunch Of Coconuts by Merv Griffin

The Marvelous Toy by The Chad Mitchell Trio

Frog Kissin' by Ray Stevens

Boa Constrictor by Johnny Cash

Jump In The Line by Harry Belafonte

Choo n Gum by Theresa Brewer

Potato Chips by Phil Harris

Jump Jive and Wail by Louis Prima (Brian Setzer is just as good)

Centerfield by John Fogerty

The Motorcycle Song by Arlo Guthrie

Daydream by The Lovin' Spoonful

Chug-a-lug by Roger Miller

The Hamster Dance   I cannot find the artist

Pheasant Plucker's Son by the Irish Rovers

Pata Pata by Miriam Makeba

YMCA by The Village People


Give up? There are a lot more but this is a good start. If you have a favorite that makes you feel good I would love to know.



13 comments:

  1. This as a fun list, Emma, and I agree with many of your choices. Here's a few fun songs that make me smile too: On Top of Spaghetti, Tan Shoes and Pink Shoelaces, The Man Who Never Returned, Blue Moon, Dominic the Donkey, I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas, Green Door. These days many songs by Meaghan Trainor also make me happy.

    Yes, the Brian Setzer version of Jump, Jive and Wail is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Man Who Never Returned is also known as the M.T.A. You made some great choices/

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's a long list! I try and think of something and my mind goes blank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many more. I feel like Pollyanna and her "happy" Bible verses.

      Delete
  3. Είναι πολλά τραγουδια, Ελληνικά και Αγγλόφωνα θα ήθελα να έριχνες μια ματιά εδω: https://morfeasprosopika.blogspot.com/2021/02/10.html
    που γράφω για τους αγαπημένους μου ξένους κιθαρίστες
    Τώρα σιγά σιγά ετοιμάζω μια αφιέρωση και για κάποιους Έλληνες

    Στην Ελλάδα έριξε το βαρύ της πέπλο η νύχτα..
    ωρα να βάλουμε πλώρη για το όνειρο..
    Σου στέλνω ευχή καρδιάς για μια ωραία Καλυνύχτα
    Απο Ελλάδα με αγάπη

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your list is a good one. I would have included Brian May and even Chuck Berry.

      Delete
  4. Well, this post is proof that I am "in the world but not of the world" because in spite of all my supposed Jeopardy-type knowledge, I know only six of these songs. Never heard of most of them or the artists. I'm more from the "If You're Happy And You Know It, Clap Your Hands" school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably guessed it; Anonymous was me.

      Delete
  5. wow sounds some really amazing collection of songs dear Emma ,though i am sure most of them are beyond my birth :)
    we all do have favorite songs indeed and what make heart beat well are particularly time when we were little or young :)
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a list!.I can claim some of the songs, but not all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thecontemplativecat here. I didn't identify myself in my comments.

      Delete
    2. I knew it was you. I like music that makes me feel good.

      Delete