Sunday, July 23, 2023

Music?

 My sister was 16. She had a good pat time job. She wanted to buy a stereo of her own.

Off she went to the store. The stereo she wanted was expensive... more than she had saved. She tried to buy it on time and was informed that she was too young to make a legal deal. Could she have someone co-sign for a loan? 

She went home extremely disappointed. Our mother said that of course she would co-sign. Back to the store they went. Mom was told that because she was only a wife she could not be held legally responsible for her daughter's debts.

Of course Mom was furious. She handled the family's finances, she was an adult, and her credit was good. She was still complaining when Daddy came home. My sister was unhappy. 

Daddy took them both back to the store. He explained that he would co-sign for his daughter. But not there. 

They went to another store. My sister bought her stereo. My parents both co-signed to guarantee the payments. My sister happily set up her new stereo as soon as they got home.

Mom had a meeting to attend and Daddy was working in his back porch workshop. I was visiting and extremely pregnant. 

As I was alone in the living room I heard an awful noise. My sister was moaning and groaning making the most awful sounds. I yelled up the stairs that I could not climb because of my pregnancy. No answer.

I went and got my father. He thought I was overreacting and went to the bottom of the stairs to call my sister. 

When she continued that horrible noise and did not answer Daddy rushed up the stairs. I was terrified. Then Daddy came down laughing/

My sister's new stereo had headphones so she could listen to her music without disturbing anyone else. She was listening to her music and 'singing' along. Her singing sounded like she was in unbearable pain.


10 comments:

  1. That could have been me. "In terrible pain," not at the bottom of the steps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not carry a tune if you put it in a locked brief case and handed it to me.

      Delete
  2. Singing and music charge and seal emotions. It spreads everywhere. From excruciating pain and heartbreak to feistiness and seduction

    I remembered my first stereo
    Read this post if you want https://morfeasprosopika.blogspot.com/2011/07/audiophiles.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find music for every mood. Soon I will give a small list of sad songs.

      Delete
    2. Θα ήταν υπέροχο αυτό
      Είναι κάτι που με ενδιαφέρει

      Delete