Sunday, June 4, 2023

Ear Worms

 I have read several posts lately referring to popular songs and people commenting that the song gets stuck in their heads. It is called an ear worm.

It is so annoying to have a song running over and over in your mind. When the song Poison Ivt was popular It stuck in my brain whenever I would hear it. As a matter of fact I can feel it starting right now. I should have stayed away from this topic!

There is a way to rid yourself of an ear worm and you will be surprised how easy it is. Just look directly at a person near you and sing a catchy part of the song. That transfers the song from your brain to theirs.

Late at night while you're sleeping Poison Ivy comes a-creeping around.


8 comments:

  1. I don't remember things long enough any more for them to turn into earworms. Thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has happened to me many times too
    and not only the words but also the melody
    Good afternoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give my remedy a try. You will not be disappointed.

      Delete
  3. it used to happened to me either until some years ago as i was regular listener of music so ,so many favorite would echo in my head all the time .
    i still listen music but a little bit ,and after regular meditation i have overcome this issue thankfully :)
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Music lifts the heart. I just feel terrible though when a song gets stuck in my head.

      Delete
  4. I have to try your recommendation, Emma - at the moment the triplets have a song for a dance that crawls into my ear...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you the victims of Baby Shark there too? You could sing their dance song back to them but I worry that would only start another round of dancing. Better to find an unsuspecting adult.

      Delete