Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Surprise!

 My second son is now back home.

He surprised us by coming in the front door as we were letting the dog in. We had no idea he was coming.

Actually he surprised himself. He woke up one morning and realized he had no plans so he packed a bag and left to visit us. 

He was not here anywhere near long enough. I was so happy to see him. 

He is the son that was in the horrific car accident a few years ago.   He is healing nicely. He recently got his driver's license re-instated. It lapsed as he was recovering. He drove about 800 miles to visit.

It was a wonderful visit. I immediately called my sister-in-law. We first went out to lunch together. Then she had us over to her house to feed us the next day. Another wonderful visit.

My son is back at his house now. He had to return to take care of insurance issues involving his accident.

While he was here he terrorized the dog. She warmed up to him finally and cried when he left. She is still looking for him.

Now my son is trying to get his sister and her family to come here with him for Thanksgiving. We do not know if she will be able to travel. She will have 6 weeks off work to recover from reconstructive surgery she will have in a couple of weeks. She has had such a hard time of it since they diagnosed her with breast cancer a couple of years ago. I have my fingers crossed that they will come.

12 comments:

  1. Wouldn't that be wonderful to have them all there for Thanksgiving? I'm hoping for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Colette. Gather as many as you can for your Thanksgiving celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely surprise. I can read your blogs again now the pink has gone. Thanks. Take care, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still do not know why it has a colored page. It was not on purpose.

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful surprise visit for you, Emma, and time always does go way too fast during such get togethers. The news about your son’s recovery was good to read as I remember when you posted about the accident. That was a long drive and hope he and your daughter will be able to return together for the holiday, which would be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good to see him. I hope Thanksgiving will bring lots of children.

      Delete
    2. Emma, we are going up to New Jersey for Thanksgiving with our daughter and grandkids. Looking forward to it.

      Delete
    3. I know you will have a wonderful time.

      Delete
  5. Most beautiful surprise for a mother I agree dear Emma.
    When my eldest son lived in Karachi for six years he gave us few pleasant surprises as well.
    Wishing your son speedy recovery my friend! Hope his insurance issues will resolve soon too.
    Hope and pray May your sister 's surgery go well and she join you guys asap.amen
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete