Sunday, May 1, 2022

Updating My Health

 Things are progressing for me. Because of my son's plan I am getting some nutrition. He discovered some Keto shakes online that have more nutrients than any of the other liquid foods we have found so far. I have even worked hard at eating more normal meals for the evening meal. It is hard but I am getting there.

The ramp we ordered was finally delivered. It makes it so much easier to get in and out of the house. I was leery at first but once I tried it I am happy to be more mobile. 

I was finally able to have the kidney stone removed. I am still not certain how it was done. All I know is that they broke it up somehow and removed it. Yay!

The surgery for my breast cancer will be in a couple of weeks. We decided on a lumpectomy. I am not looking forward to it but I am looking forward to it being over. 

My poor daughter (as you know) had a double mastectomy. She is now undergoing more chemo and next month will begin her radiation. I feel so bad that she has to go through all this.

I am still doing therapy. No more in-home visits. I go to the little town about five miles from here. They have a lot of equipment and are so nice. I am usually worn out when I get home.

I gratefully read all your comments. I appreciate them and feel encouraged by them.

I look forward to the time when I do not feel so absorbed by my health issues. Then I can write a real post.

6 comments:

  1. it is good to see your name. you are a brave soul, Emma. your daughter is as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on with the therapy, Emma. It will make a new woman of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes me happy to see your posts. Glad to hear you are continuing with the physical therapy. It really helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is good to see your progress. Baby steps? Just saw that I had already posted. I like you twice as much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drat, I thought i had commented previously and perhaps I had but it did not appear. At any rate, it bears repeating that I too am glad to read of your progress, Emma, and wish you all the best as you continue with therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. dear Emma thank you sooo much for sharing your progress , i am sorry that you and your dear Daughter have to go through such painful treatments .i wish hope and pray may you both feel well and get rid of all this asap .how nice because of your son's plan you are able to eat better which is very important to recover .
    i am also happy to hear about your being mobile !
    wishing you best of luck for the therapy my friend! please keep stay strong and positive and stay in touch .hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete