Friday, March 8, 2019

Is There No End?


As far as weather goes I cannot take the heat. My energy drains and I feel completely wilted. I will take the cold over the hot any day.

But oh am I ever sick of snow.

The ground, the roofs, the trees, the roads. All have been under a sea of white for so long. I am not sure how much longer I can stand the constant white.

Actually the major roads are not always covered with snow. I guess I exaggerated a bit there.

As I drove to one of the towns about 25 miles from here to pick up some groceries the fields were completely white. The sky was overcast and the same color as the snow colored fields. The wind was blowing dustings of snow across the road.

The blending of all those non-colors made it look like I was in an off-white bubble. The motion of the drifting snow made me slightly carsick. It was not a pleasant ride.

It snowed again today. We got a couple of inches.

It is supposed to snow again a couple more days in the near future.

The temperatures are finally rising. We are actually supposed to have some days with the temperature above freezing. It has been a while.

I like cold weather. Boy oh boy am I sick of it.

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. We are having some warmer days. They should be with you soon.

      Delete
  2. I hate the cold and will never complain it is too hot! I almost did when we were in Vegas but even then I convinced myself that it was so much better than being cold 😊 Have a good weekend, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to agree with you, Emma, as we keep getting these storms of from 2-4 inches which covers over the old dirty snow, but just makes it last longer and then the new snow gets dirty and so on and so on.

    ReplyDelete