Saturday, August 27, 2022

Love?

 I once knew a couple who were violently in love. Or so they said.

The man worked for my husband. There were several times I had to go to other companies to counteract this man's actions. 

For instance there was a time the man drove a truck loaded with scrap to a company that dealt with that sort of merchandise. When he returned with the full load he was ranting. Apparently he had decided he should not have to wait in line with other trucks. He screamed and swore until he was forced to leave.

I decided to take a truck filled with scrap to the same company. He was to follow and stay in his truck until I took care of things. I went into the office and had everything smoothed over when he came storming in. I turned him around and pushed him out of the office. We unloaded our trucks with no further incident.

His wife was a shopper. She almost lived at K-Mart. We all had a good laugh when she was on vacation and K-Mart issued a quarterly statement that profits were down. She did not shop while on vacation.

They were actually nice people most of the time. We occasionally saw them socially and enjoyed their company. 

The problems arose when they would argue. Which was apparently often. As far as I know they never were physical with each other.

The problem was that one or the other of them would pick up a club of some kind and break out all the glass in the car. That included window, lights, and mirrors.

Every week he would have to purchase new glass and install it. What a waste.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It would have been comical if it weren't so expensive.

      Delete
  2. Very interesting lives they must have led. It takes all kinds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They finally divorced. She remarried. He was stabbed to death; probably for running his mouth.

      Delete
  3. What a wild lifestyle I must say dear Emma. Honestly my own brother has been proving himself as wild and quarrelsome for his family throughout his life that I feel pity for him and poor present family he has. I wish he was a different better person. Life for all people around him would have different

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately the wife was also to blame in this instance. She broke as many windows as he did.

      Delete
  4. I visited your blog. It is full of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete