Halloween is coming soon. It is a favorite time for me.
One year at work we decided to have a special lunch. each person signed to bring a specific dish. I decided to do desert that time.
I had a new recipe I wanted to try. I was for a kitty litter cake. It took a bit of time to prepare but it was so worth it.
Unfortunately it looked so real that no one, not one person, tried it. I took it home and my grandchildren loved it.
Try it. It is fun. ( The recipe comes from https://copykat.com/kitty-litter-cake/).
Here’s a list of what you need:
- German chocolate cake mix plus ingredients listed on the package
- White cake mix plus ingredients listed on the package
- White Sandwich Cookies
- Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Green food coloring
- Tootsie Rolls
- New kitty litter box
- New kitty litter liner
- New litter scoop
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to Make Kitty Litter Cake
- Prepare and bake cake mixes according to package directions.
- Cool cakes to room temperature.
- Prepare pudding mix and refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- Crumble white sandwich cookies in a blender or food processor.
- Place ¼ cup of the crumbled cookies in a bowl, add a few drops of green food coloring, and mix using a fork.
- Crumble cakes into a large bowl.
- Add half of the remaining white cookie crumbs to the cake crumbs.
- Add some of the pudding and gently toss to combine. Add more if needed for the mixture to be moist but not soggy.
- Line a new, clean kitty litter box.
- Put the cake mixture into the litter box.
- Decorate the cake with the green cookie crumbles and Tootsie rolls.
Kitty Litter Cake Decorations
Now you can be creative to make the accouterments for the cake:
- You can color some coconut green to make some green crumbs to represent the deodorizing crystals that are in some kitty litters.
- Use Tootsie rolls to represent what cats often leave behind when they visit the little box.
Again, this recipe is in jest and is not for everyone. It’s a fun cake to bring to a party. A great cake for April Fool’s Day, Halloween, or cat birthday parties.