Tuesday, November 8, 2016

VOTE!!!


I believe strongly that voting is a responsibility. It is how we choose the people who represent us in our government.

It is our duty to educate ourselves on what issues will benefit our country. Then we need to learn how the candidates view those issues. How will they get to the business of overseeing our welfare?

So in the United States today is the day to elect our highest official. In many states lesser but no less important government representatives are also running for office.

Please take the few minutes to vote for your candidate. I have my choices ready and will go to the polls when they open. I hope you are ready too.


                                                   I WANT YOU TO VOTE!

13 comments:

  1. I hope everything turns out well for your country today, Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could put my sticker on Susan B. Anthony's grave stone, I would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not get a sticker. Susan B deserves the recognition though.

      Delete
  3. We voted last week since Georgia has early voting. Today there is much high-giving and also much hand-wringing, but our country will endure. Please, God, make it so.

    We lived in Bellevue, Nebraska, for three years back in the sixties when I was stationed at SAC Headquarters. Loved the people, didn't care for the weather in the wintertime. Good memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My aunt and uncle raised their three sons in Bellevue. My uncle was the fire chief there for several years. I love Nebraska dearly. Go Huskers!

      Delete
  4. A timely reminder, Emma, even though I read if after the date. Yes, we voted although I admit to being conflicted about some of the choices. Still the voting privilege we have here in the U.S. shiuld never be taken for granted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what a privilege but I also believe it is a responsibility. If people do not vote they abdicate their rights to choose the people who work for us to keep our way of government flowing the way it should.

      Delete
  5. I would prefer that everyone who doesn't plan to vote like I do just stay home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Votes matter, so when I think that someone is voting for evil, I had rather they not. If I had confidence in the wisdom of the masses, I would feel differently, but the masses just went out and elected
      Donald Trump.

      Delete
    2. That is the reason I said that it is the responsibility of every voter to become informed about the candidates. Intelligent choices need to be made.

      Delete