There is no one anywhere with whom I always agree.
I have my own mind, my own thoughts, and my own beliefs. Most of my beliefs came from my parents. I did not always agree with them.
I had experiences in my life that caused me to make decisions. Those things will attach to the way you view the world. Not everyone has had those experiences. Those who have may have viewed them differently. That makes a different way of looking at things.
One of the most satisfying things about being a mother has been watching my children develop their own sets of values. They often do not agree but they still care for each other.
In today's world I see politics as something that is causing such harsh feelings. Too many people are not willing to accept that others might have a different point of view.
Families are becoming estranged. Good friends no longer speak to each other.
I have 4 children. One of them shares my political beliefs...mostly. The other three are completely opposite... mostly.
I love all my children. We all know what each of us believes. Politics will not change our feelings for each other.
Rather than become a divided family I do not discuss politics with them. We each have others to do that.
Mid-term elections are near for us in the United States. Please research the candidates and remember to vote.
No comments:
Post a Comment