Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Controversy

You may have noticed that I have not posted political subjects. That is on purpose. I do not want to insult anyone but my political feelings are none of your business.

I do have strong political convictions. I have participated in many local elections. I have demonstrated, conducted telephone polls, rung doorbells and of course I always vote. I have since I was old enough.

I am registered with a political party. However I do not necessarily vote the party line. I vote for the person I feel is the one who will try to accomplish the things I believe in. I have voted for members of the other party if I feel they are best qualified for the job.

Now I hear people saying that I should vote against a candidate that these people do not like. I never ever vote against someone. I only vote FOR people. If they are not what I wish for a particular position I will vote for a candidate who meets my criteria.

There is no person in this wonderful world with whom I agree all the time. I have my own mind and my own desires for this country. Yours may differ from mine. We are both entitled to our opinions. As long as you do not try to bulldoze me into agreeing with you we will get along.

I am happy to have pleasant debate about issues. A person may even cause me to change my mind. But force will not do it. Intellect might.

I tried to raise my children to think for themselves. I believe I was successful. Some of them have completely opposite views to mine.

As long as they have done their research and know what the candidates stand for that is fine with me.


6 comments:

  1. Intriguing! I think all of us who care about politics do our homework and try very hard to understand what a candidate stands for. I certainly don't look for candidates who are perfect. I don't believe in perfection. However, I sure do hate a liar and a cheat. ha. Anyway, you seem like a person with a good head on your shoulders. I trust you to always do what you think is best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your views reflect mine as well. Very interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really love how your mind works because i share such mindset with you when it comes to respect others opinion and care for what they believe in as well as pursue my personal desires :) loved your thoughts that you gave your kids liberty to choose ,God has done the same why can't we do it for our children or for all around us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recognize a good person even if they do not agree with me. Civility is so needed in this world.

      Delete