I always left my coins on a table. It was simple to take them at the end of the day and just lay them there.
Nobody bothered them. After a while I would roll them up and take them to the bank. It was almost like found money.
As my children got a little older they were sometimes home alone after school until I got home from work. The money on the table was for them to run to the store for a snack.
It made me crazy that they would not touch the money.
Then I began having grandchildren. What a wonderfully unique feeling that is.
My grandchildren did not bother the money either. But occasionally a spare coin would try to escape and end up on the floor.
For some odd reason my second granddaughter was eagle-eyed. Even though she was only a toddler she would pick up the fugitive coins and give them to an adult. Except the dimes.
I do not know if it was because a dime is the smallest in size but she liked them... to eat.
If she was on the hunt for change we had to watch her closely. If she found one she popped it right into her mouth. We then had to pry it out and put it where it belonged.
Sometimes it would get caught in her throat and she would choke. I became a bit of an expert at applying a baby Heimlich maneuver. It made her spit out the dime.
Thank goodness she outgrew her love of dimes. She is beginning nursing school this year. Then she can deal with the little ones who put odd things in their mouths.
The little's world looks simple, but she liked dime, it confuses me. Didn't you?
ReplyDeleteThank goodness, confusion stays not for long, unless Confucius steps in.
Do you know Confucius?