Saturday, July 31, 2021

Just Do It. Please

 Recently my youngest sister called me. She had seen on Facebook that a relative had died.

She was very pretty in her pictures. I never met her but she must have been a special person for my cousin to marry her.

I spoke to another cousin (his sister). She was preparing to go to the funeral which is next week. Since she lived in Oregon and the funeral will be in Nebraska she is planning on staying for a week.

My cousin's wife (which makes her my cousin) did not believe in getting the covid vaccine. Sadly she was in the hospital for a month before she died. Covid-19 was the culprit.

I do not argue with the beliefs of anyone who does not want to be vaccinated. You are entitled to your beliefs. At the same time I am entitled to be safe as are my children.

I want everyone safe and healthy. It is only a couple of shots in the arm and a few minutes of your time. 

There are various people who are actively asking you not to protect yourself. Many of them have already received their shots. 

If you are unsure do some research. Not from a religious leader, not from a politician, not from any famous person, not from me, certainly not from Facebook. Your own doctor would be a good person to ask. Then you can make an intelligent decision.

In the end I am going to hope you become vaccinated. Please. I do not want anything bad to happen to you.

7 comments:

  1. Yes, Emma: I follow in Joanne's steps (and am vaccinated, and family and friends (grown-ups) too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy to know that you are vaccinated. I knew Joanne was.

      Delete
  2. You have made a very good point(s) in this post, Emma, and I am in total agreement with everything here. I am sorry to read about the family death, but sad to say it is largely that person's :fault" for not getting vaccinated. This week, I read about the tragic passing of a woman's mother, grandmother, and fiancé - none of whom had been vaccinated. Now, the woman says she will be vaccinated. As they say, hindsight is always 20-20 but sad that her loved ones are gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People are dying needlessly leaving hurt loved ones behind. Many of them say they wish they had been vaccinated. It is heartbreaking.

      Delete
  3. a very precious post dear Emma !

    i am sorry for the lady who died in denial of vaccination what a loss

    we will go to get our second shot this month hopefully

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad your are getting your shots. I wish we could get some kind of control over this awful disease.

      Delete