Friday, November 8, 2019

Creamed Spinach

We had our first snow today. We have had flurries a couple of times but today the snow melted before it had a chance to make things white.

Today's snow is still lying on the ground. It is not much but it is there.

I had to go to the doctor today so I was unlucky enough to drive in it. The driving was not bad. At least the deer stayed off the road in respect for the first snow. Turkeys were another matter. We all know they have no sense.

I am sure the snow will melt tomorrow. The weather forecast calls for warmer temperatures.

As I was driving home I kept thinking that the snow on the bright green patches of plants reminded me of some sort of food. Then it dawned on me that it looked like creamed spinach.

No wonder I was so hungry when I walked into the house.

11 comments:

  1. Creamed spinach! You are so funny. Turkeys have no sense? Do tell!😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you ever seen a small animal of any kind saunter across the road in front of a huge automobile? Turkeys not only do that but the rest of the flock will follow single file. There is no hurry.

      Delete
  2. And I thought we would be getting a recipe. :(

    I like creamed spinach, so will give you my recipe.

    A can of spinach ... drained.
    A big bit of mushroom soup ... add water as necessary
    Jalapeno Cheese ... as much as you can stand

    Mix all of the above in a microwave dish and heat.

    Serve over a baked potato.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds really good. I have not had it with the jalapeno cheese. I will definitely try it.

      Delete
  3. Wow snow already! And we were 85 degrees yesterday (Phoenix). I do like creamed spinach and trying a new recipe tonight in the crock pot with chicken and fresh spinach (spinach is put in the last 15 minutes of the cooking time).

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spinach and corn are the only cooked vegetables I always liked. I had to learn to eat the others and now I love most of them.

      Delete
  4. I had the first decent snow of the year all morning. When I went out in the afternoon, at least I could sweep it off the steps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad you enjoyed your snow and rive within it as well dear Emma

    i think i will enjoy snow if it will not last longer

    creamed spinach umm... sounds yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like creamed spinach. I prefer it cooked with nice creamy butter.

      Delete
  6. I had heavy snow all year long all morning. When I go out in the afternoon, at least I can sweep it off the steps.custom fleece blankets

    ReplyDelete