Thursday, August 22, 2019

Mom

My mother's birthday was the 20th of August. She would have been 90 years old this year.

I have written before about the woman she was and what a good mother she was. Mom was such a good influence in my life as well as the lives of my siblings and children.

Mom was the smartest woman I ever knew. She valued education. She wanted us to pursue our interests and encouraged us to continue learning.

On top of that she was funny. She did not mean to be but she was. Some of the strangest things happened to her. She took them all with her natural acceptance and grace.

I miss her.

9 comments:

  1. dear Emma i missed reading the long post about your precious dearest mom!

    you were lucky that you had her as guide and inspiration my friend!

    your love and respect for her reflect powerfully through your posts always
    and i am so happy that i know her though your blog and words

    i can relate because i had mom just like her though she could not be funny because the death of my 13 years old brother ruled on her nerves often

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mothers are the ones who set the emotional and moral tones for most of us.

      Delete
  2. I've told you, some days I think I can just go round a corner or down a hall and find the phone to call me mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even after all these years I still want to call my mother to find that right word I am looking for when writing. It has been a while since I have looked at my son and said, "I will just call Grandma" though

      Delete
  3. Mama sounds delightful. I miss my mom. I got my sense of humor from her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we never get over needing our parents. I feel like I am a good mixture of both my parents.

      Delete
  4. My late mother's birthday will be coming up next month. She passed away nearly 5 years ago at age 92 and and like yourself, I also miss my mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard when your parents are gone. I remember when you mother died. It doesn't seem that long ago.

      Delete