Friday, April 19, 2019

The Tablet


I told you in an earlier post that I sent my sister a tablet.

As a quick reminder my sister suffered a stroke several years ago. She has been bedridden since then. Her left side is paralyzed.

We had been looking for some way for her to communicate with the outside world. Some days she is bored out of her mind. A telephone is hard for her to reach. A cell phone is too small for her to manipulate. A laptop computer is too big and bulky.

My brilliant son said maybe a tablet would work. I called my sister's son to see what he thought of the idea. He thought it might work.

I ordered a tablet and lapboard to be delivered to my sister.

My nephew says she uses the lapboard for a few things and it makes her life a bit easier.

Alas the tablet did not work as well. My sister's eyesight has also suffered. The screen on the tablet is too small and she cannot see it.

So it is back to the drawing board. I know we will find the answer.

10 comments:

  1. That is sad when you thought you had the answer. Happy Easter Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that the tablet possibility didn't work out. Keep brainstorming; the answer will reveal itself eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I am the oldest. With my parents no longer alive it is my place to take care of the others.

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear the tablet didn't work out and I can understand that it could be hard to read the screen. Since you can adjust the font size on laptops is it possible there are some tablets that work the same way?

    ReplyDelete
  5. you did great job by sending her tablet dear Emma!

    this is also nice that it helped for while

    i think your power of love for your dear sister will find the way eventually
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete