Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Christmas Movies


I love watching Christmas movies. There are so many good ones that I insist on watching every year.

I mentioned White Christmas in my last post. It tops the list

There are also all the Christmas cartoons like How The Grinch Stole Christmas, Santa Claus, and Frosty.

Holiday Inn. A song and dance man retires to a farm to relax. He decides to open to tourists for only holidays with Christmas being the final holiday.

The Santa Clause I, II. and III. A divorced father accidentally makes Santa fall from his roofand disappear. He has to take Santa's place. All are good fun.

Mrs.Miracle and Call Me Mrs. Miracle. An oldeer woman helps people through Christmas difficulties.

It's A Wonderful Life. A banker in a small town learns what would have happened if he had never been born.

Call Me Claus. A woman who no longer believes in Santa or Christmas is scheduled to be the next Santa.

Fred Claus. Santa's older brother hates everything about Christmas. When he gets into trouble and Santa is injured he has to help out.

Christmas With The Kranks. Their daughter is away working for the peace corps so they decide to not celebrate Christmas and take an exotic trip instead. When they find their daughter is coming home for Christmas they have to scramble to make a nice Chistmas. Neighbors they angered join in to help.

Deck The Halls. A man has a tight scedule for making Christmas he wants. A new family moves in across the street creating chaos and ruining his schedule.

It's Christmas, Carol. A take-off on A Christmas Carol. A young business woman is shown what life would be if she does not change her ways.

Elf. An orphan baby manages to get into Santa's bag and is raised at the North Pole. When he finds out that he is an adopted elf he sets off to find his father.

I watch many more movies at Christmas but this is my must not miss list.

15 comments:

  1. My favorite holiday movie is Nationl Lampoons, Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase. We watch it every year and know it by heart and still laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all you've mentioned, but I would add the 1947 version of The Bishop's Wife with Loretta Young and Cary Grant. That and It's A Wonderful Life are the two I must watch each Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason I do not think of The Bishop's Wife as a Christmas movie. I love it though. David Niven is always so suave.

      Delete
  3. All the classics. Thank goodness Colette included The Bishop's Wife. I saw them all, with my mother, over and over and over. But I have not seen them since then. Maybe some day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. White Chrismas is the only one I really know. We do not get to see a lot of films these days, not so easy to get them in France. We did get to see Bohemian Rhapsody at our local last week and as I am a big Freddie Mercury fan I loved it. Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bohemian Rhapsody was good. Rami Malek has been nominated for a Golden Globe and there is Oscar talk.

      Delete
  5. I would add Scrooged, just for fun. Bill Murphy makes me laugh.

    Christmas Story about Ralphie wanting a Red Rider BB gun is one we watch nearly every Christmas. Alistar Sims was the perfect Scooge.

    There are others but my mind is refusing to cooperate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Scrooged but there are times when Bill Murray gets to be a little much. I watch the movie almost every year. I do not watch Christmas Story but my daughter and her family watch it all day on the day it plays over and over.

      Delete
  6. we started watching holiday films at Thanksgiving and started with The Grinch That Stole Christmas (Jim Carey version). I enjoy a few of the ones you mentioned - Deck the Halls, Christmas with the Kranks, It's a Wonderful Life, White Christmas. We also enjoy Love Actually, The Holiday, The Polar Express, Beyond Tomorrow, Christmas in Connecticut, A Holiday Affair, Miracle on 34th Street, The Bishop's Wife and the Santa Claus trilogy. This year I added 2 more to our collection: The Man Who Invented Christmas and The Man Who Saved Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More movies for me to watch for. Thank you. I cannot believe I left out Miracle On 34th Street. I watch 2 versions of it.

      Delete
  7. If there is a movie called Christmas In Wonderland, we can sure find Alice running here and there, enjoying herself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice loves Christmas. She told me she hhas already received a nice package from me.

      Delete
  8. I have watched many Christmas movies though but one that made me cry like hell was "match girl" I was little girl than and the death of little poor match girl left deep effect on my innocent mind

    ReplyDelete