Friday, September 22, 2017

It's A-Comin'


I have been seeing signs of autumn. The leaves on the trees have been turning yellow. No oranges yet but they will happen soon.

The sumac leaves are a blood red now. The rust colored fruit clusters at the tops of the plants are showing off their fall finery.

There is a vine growing up a tree beside the highway that has bright red leaves. If ther were any way I would pull over to see what it is. The olor is beautiful.

I see squirrels in the back yard busily running with the nuts they will bury for winter.

Farmers are beginning to harvest the corn. The soybeans are yellowing and about ready too.

Once the crops are harvested the farmers turn the cows out into the fields to forage for any grain that did not make it to the trucks. I like to drive in the mornings to see the deer in with the cattle eating up before winter makes food hard to find.

I guess that means I should think about winterizing the house. I will only think about it though. The temperatures are still in the upper 80's some days. I do not like the heat.

So some guy has predicted that the world will end tomorrow (Sept. 23). If we are still here I will have my favorite time of year to enjoy.

12 comments:

  1. We are still having temperatures in the low 90s. But I drove by soybean fields yesterday and I could see the yellow starting. Fall is upon us, hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's warm here too, Emma. Here's to the 24th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want cool weather but I will take cold. I am tired of sweating.

      Delete
  3. I would to sneak a peek at your place.

    Let's find a rabbit hole first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind comment on my blog. I love autumn colours but I hate winter so I do not look forward to autumn because of what follows :-( I lived in Africa for far too long to appreciate European winters!!! Have a good weekend Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not been to Africa so I only know what I have read about it. I do not think I would be comfortable in the climate there. When it is too warm I do not feel good.

      Delete
  5. Yes, Emma, I have heard too that autumn is hee as of this week. That said, I wish the temperatures would get a bit more seasonal as high 80s are predicted this weekend. I am done with summer and ready to wear sweatshirts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are supposed to have more seasonal temperatures in a couple of days. With rain.

      Delete
  6. It was very hot here today too. The leaves are slowly turning here. I raked some today so I don't have to do them all at once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of leaves blew off the trees today. We had a lot of wind and rain.

      Delete