Friday, July 8, 2016
Cocoa's Momma Does It Again
Cocoa's Momma once again has a list of things to make me think about myself. You can visit her by clicking on her name. Her posts are so entertaining.
1. If you could sit beside and/or jump in any lake in the whole wide world today, which lake would you choose and why? Lake Titicaca mostly because it is fun to say.
2. What's your favorite 'fruity' drink?
3. I read a list here of thirteen things to do right now to simplify your life. They were-
clean as you go, re-evaluate your relationships, unsubscribe, de-clutter, write down your daily goals, reply to emails right away, forget multitasking, create a morning routine, re-evaluate your commitments, say no, clean up your computer, and plan your day ahead
Which of the tasks listed do you currently find most helpful, in keeping life simple? Which item on the list should you adopt, in order to simplify your life this month?
Clean as you go is the best one. I also need to forget multitasking and try to accomplish one thing thoroughly.
4. What did you do the summer after you graduated from high school?
I went to work in the kitchen of the hospital. I had a lot of fun on my free time too.
5. Are you a fan of podcasts? If so what's a favorite?
I do not listen to podcasts as a rule.
6. Do you think today's fathers have it harder, easier, or just different than fathers in the past?
I think it is just different. A father who loves his children will make time to enjoy them and let them enjoy him. Sometimes work and responsibilities get in the way and Dad needs to learn which things he can postpone for a time. Children no longer have to help out in the field or in the house in the same way they used to (back in the good old days). They have other activities that need to be considered too. Families now have to plan time together but they can relax more than they could before.
7. Tell us one way you're like your father? Or not at all like your father, if that's easier?
I have my father's lop-sided smile and his blue eyes. I have his ability to be able to talk to someone even if we have not met until just now. I have his sense of humor. I think I have his capacity to love. Those are for starters.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Give someone a smile. They can keep it and give it back at the same time.
Some of these will make you stop and think. You can thank Cocoa's Momma for a fun workout for your brain.