Friday, July 3, 2015
Creative Blogger Award
A huge thank you to Geo at Trainride Of The Enigmas for presenting me with this award. If you do not know Geo please click on the name of his blog and look around. He has the most magnificent sense of the absurd.
There are conditions to receiving this prestigious award.
1. Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
2. Share five facts about yourself to those who are reading your blog.
3. Nominate other worthy blogs and notify those blogs.
4. List the rules. This is the time to tell you that this award is for fun. No other benefits will be given. Because of that any blogs that I list are under no obligation to reciprocate in any way. But my admiration of you is sincere.
Five facts about me.
1. Most of you know that my real name is not Emma. But the stories I write about are all true as I remember them.
2. I am not here to make a great literary statement. I am writing about my family and myself to leave a history of sorts for my children and their children.
3. I have a head full of absolutely useless information. I am good at trivia games but the facts are not worth much otherwise.
4. The one thing I do well is learn. I have an appetite to absorb as much knowledge as I can. Unforunately I am not good at "doing". You would think that would make me a good teacher but teaching is a "doing" thing so that does not work either.
5. Ever since my oldest son introduced me to the internet I have been hooked. I have a world of knowledge at my fingers. I have taken virtual tours of almost every museum in the world. I have visited apartments (and pubs) all over the planet. The cities of the world are here in pictures and words. I can learn a new language. I can learn the steps to a dance. I can study flora, fauna, and history. The words to my favorite songs are listed. I can listen to those songs performed by my favorite artists. I have met wonderful people from many different places who I would have missed knowing without the internet. I could go on but the opportunities are limitless. This science fiction contraption of my youth is now a marvelous reality that opens possibilities to whatever a person wishes.
I now bestow this award to bloggers that I respect. They have gained this respect in various ways. A sense of humor will pull me in every time. I appreciate intelligence, not necessarily education. Personality, humanity, and observation are present in each. Please visit the ones you are unfamiliar with and revisit the ones you know. All are good reads.
Cup On The Bus
Life at the Blue Rock Ranch
A Man On The Move
Dear You, Joy of Living
The Everyday Adventurer
nature tales and camera trails
Georgia Girl With an English Heart
Generation Z. Cruising In An RV
Out On The Prairie
The Frog & PenguINN
About Life and Love
The Rural Path
Don't Unplug Your Hub
Please consider yourselves notified.
If you do not see your blog listed please accept my apologies. It does not mean you do not belong in the list, only that I did not have it right before my eyes and my little brain can only retain so much.
All of these blogs are excellent and I hope you take the opportunity to visit them. To each and every blog listed, I will not be offended if you wish to ignore this whole award thing. As I stated before it is only for the fun of it.