Tuesday, March 29, 2016

What Next?


This will be posted after the newness of the topics. I am so bewildered by so many things.

There has been another senseless bombing. This one was in Brussels.

I understand about war. I do not like war but I understand it. It is an armed conflict between combatants. War includes fighting between armies. It includes bombing. It even includes snipers killing unsuspecting members of the opposing side.

Those are a few acts of war. They are actions between forces that are fighting each other.

Sometimes innocents are caught in the middle and they suffer too. It is not right but it is a part of war.

But what is happening now is the targeting of innocents. People who are shopping. People who are attending sporting events. People out for a nice dinner. People simply trying to get from one place to another perhaps going home to their families.

I am not just talking about Brussels anymore. How often do we hear about a drive-by shooting killing a small child who had the misfortune to be playing in the yard? How often do we hear about someone walking into a celebration and opening fire to indiscriminately shoot anyone and everyone possible? Why would someone go into a place of business and kill employees they do not even know?

People are bleeding. Babies are crying. Families are without loved ones.

The cruelty is unfathomable. When did we become a world of savages? How can some people find pleasure in the pain and hurt of others? What justification can there be for intentionally harming innocent people?

I just do not understand. If someone does I wish they would explain it to me.

8 comments:

  1. hang in there dear, God is still in control, and He loves you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your kind words. The problem is that I am sure God also loved the people who are being maimed and killed and scared.

      Delete
  2. It's sad to think they felt they ever proved anything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to get some idea of what they are trying to prove. I am completely perplexed.

      Delete
  3. Like you, Emma, I am also bewildered and saddened not only by worldwide events that have killed innocent people, but also random acts of violence here in the U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't believe there is an answer that makes sense. It's barbaric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me so sad. Why can people not get along?

      Delete